Available in 8 Locations
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is anchored on embracing a growth mindset, where anyone can learn, and grow. Four attributes allow this growth mindset to flourish: obsessing over what matters to our customers, becoming more diverse and inclusive in everything we do and create, operating as one company instead of multiple siloed businesses and lastly, making a difference in the lives of each other, our customers, and the world around us. You can help us build our culture and achieve our mission.
The Global Partner Solutions (GPS) team’s mission is to build and sell intelligent cloud and intelligent edge solutions with partners, empowering people, and organizations to achieve more. GPS is a sales organization accountable for the commercial partner business at Microsoft. Building on the GPS mission, the Channel Sales SMB team is working closely with Microsoft partner organizations and is responsible for identifying channel market opportunities, creating SMB channel plans, as well as implementing and driving depth and breadth sales activities to drive digital transformation of SMB customers at scale.
The Channel Sales SMB – Modern Work (MW) & Security individual that we are searching for will work closely with a selected group of partners that are mainly Indirect Cloud Providers/ Distributors or Top Resellers, and will focus on building a healthy channel ecosystem, reseller transformation, enablement, and sales activation. The person will generate and execute sales activities with and through partners to digitize the broad SMB market and win new Cloud customers.
The Channel Sales SMB role strongly collaborates with individuals across the SMB Operating Unit. This includes joining forces with the Customer Program Manager from the SMB Segment team to understand market opportunities and strategy, as well as a strong alignment with peers within the GPS organization, such as the Partner Development Managers to drive alignment & execution excellence with our scale partners, the Partner Channel Marketing Managers for breadth partner enablement and activation, and with the Inside Sales Teams to connect our partners to customers.
Part-time employment options can be discussed.
As a specialist in Channel/ Partner Sales SMB, this role drives digital transformation through strong engagement, sales activation, and enablement activities with key Indirect Providers/ Distributors and top Resellers. Impact is driven through those partners by curating and connecting customers with valuable and targeted scale sales motions driving growth in customer acquisition, consumption & usage.
- Proactively creates, nurtures, and influences a partner ecosystem to drive larger impact for SMB customers. Facilitates match-making to drive opportunities (depth and breadth) for Cloud and transformational business, selecting and connecting the right partners to customers and sellers, and working closely with stakeholder across the SMB Operating Unit. Delivers and integrates partner expertise and solutions into sales cycles that grow consumption at scale of Microsoft products.
- Brings stakeholders from different parts of the business (Inside Sales, SMB Customer Segment, Business Group, GPS, CMO) together to create demand, bring new ideas to market, establish quality partner connections, and orchestrate processes to set expectations and generate trust. Refers to sales plays or marketing/sales campaigns to support partner strategy. Directly engages and drives leads and opportunities together with key partners. Leads partner strategy efforts and engages in partner-to-partner collaborations to provide solutions to customers and to scale offerings.
- Co-sells with relevant partners in the SMB space by driving demand, pipeline and partner consumption of Microsoft products, leveraging sales motions (such as workshops, assessment, or direct support). Identifies and lands sales enablement offers, and incentives to key partners to support co-sell.
- Leverages the voice of partners through direct engagements to identify and alleviate key customer and partner success blockers. Drives attendance to partner events and responses to partner surveys. Adapts partner strategies as needed to adjust for scale and complexity. Aligns resources and programs to support partner co-sell pipeline velocity and alleviate friction points. Brings detailed feedback to build-with teams and executes on corrections of errors in response to feedback.
- Identifies whitespace opportunities with the SMB Sales Segment and activates new routes to market through partner and in close collaboration with the SMB Operating Unit; creates relevant campaigns and offers to generate demand at scale, and executes with excellence.
- In collaboration with other GPS functions (PDM, PTS, GTM) builds joint sales plans with key partners, and owns the sales execution of those plans, in order to deliver business impact on SMB MW Cloud.
- Maintains and stays up to date on Microsoft’s sales compliance processes. Drives sales with partners in accordance with Microsoft’s compliance policies.
The successful candidate brings a good understanding of Microsoft’s partner channel ecosystem as well as sales experience.
- Vast experience in core sales, channel sales, SMB and scale model experience, and/ or business development
- Bachelor degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired
- Microsoft Cloud platform knowledge expected in Modern Work & Security, Azure and/ or BizApps
- Reasonable level of technical proficiency to understand partner ecosystem solutions
- Ability to translating strategy into concrete actions and partner sales motions, with a strong sense of execution excellence
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners
- Inclusive and collaborative to drive teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Passion for technology, digital transformation, partner, and SMB customers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.